The Walan Mayinygu Indigenous Entrepreneurship Pop Up Hub is a Charles Sturt University initiative that aims to nurture Indigenous businesses and emerging entrepreneurs across NSW by offering business workshops and masterclasses delivered by successful Indigenous entrepreneurs and business experts. The program also includes a youth component for school aged Indigenous students from Years 5-12.
The pop up hub for adult entrepreneurs offers a comprehensive 3 day program including practical workshops, panel discussions, a business plan and pitch development studio, guest speakers and networking opportunities.
Walan Mayinygu was developed by Associate Professor Michelle Evans from Charles Sturt University (CSU), and visited the communities of Albury, Dubbo, Port Macquarie and Lismore between 2017-2018.
Our work on this project included:
- Event production and management of the tour, including logistics, event management on site
- Design and production of the the hub fit out
- Working with Wiradjuri artist Lucy Simpson to develop the Walan Mayinygu logo.
- Providing social media engagement, media releases, pitching and follow up.
- Website development and design