33 Creative were engaged by the Department of Communications and the Arts to produce the National Indigenous Languages Convention which was held in the Gold Coast on 22 and 23 February 2018.
- Developing a detailed event concept, event project plan and draft event budget.
- Securing a suitable convention venue including a main presentation room and up to four break out areas, including an interactive space suitable for display of existing digital products and space for showcasing a small number of industry exhibits.
- Working with DoCA to ensure there is was an opportunity for Secretary and Minister to be part of the event.
- Supporting DoCA with communications leading up to and including the event, such as editing and providing design advice for program.
- Booking and managing an MC and facilitators, including 30 speakers/presenters to deliver and/or participate across a variety of formats.
- Working with the Department and the Working Group to develop the agenda, with assistance from the Department on speaker selection and potential topics and managing all speaker requirement.
- Developing and managing the expo for a number of providers.
- Managing all catering for the convention and any other functions
- Managing all production elements such as, sound, lighting and audio-visual recording where appropriate.
- Collaborating with Yugambeh Museum to deliver an innovative evening event for 180 people that included a keynote speaker/s, Indigenous inspired menu and entertainment from local Indigenous performers, including some incidental entertainment during arrival of delegates. We also produced a laser show in consultation with a local company.
- Managing the budget for all aspects of the event
- Developing an online registration system and maintaining effective communication with delegates
- Managing all travel and accommodation of delegates and some speakers
- Developing risk management and emergency plan.