33 Creative worked with the Healing Foundation to event produce Apology 10, a concert held on the Lawns of Parliament House in Canberra to commemorate the 10th Anniversary of the 2008 Apology to the Stolen Generations.
The Healing Foundation is a national Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisation established in 2009 to address the ongoing trauma in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities caused by past actions like the Stolen Generations.
Around 3,000 people attended to the event which featured live performances from some of Australia’s biggest Indigenous and non-Indigenous performers, including Shellie Morris, Electric Fields, Busby Marou, Archie Roach and the Preatures. Thousands more followed the concert live via National Indigenous Television’s Facebook page. The event was was co-hosted by music commentator and broadcaster Myf Warhurst and Indigenous comedian Steven Oliver.
33 Creative managed all aspects of event production including:
- Developing and implementing a publicity and marketing strategy, which included the development and dissemination of materials, social media strategy, and advertising
- Created the show, including talent, look and feel, venue dressing
- Worked on staging and technical production with sub-contractors
- Managed all production aspects, including site plan and management, risk management, safety, bump-in and bump-out
- Booked and managed all stall-holders, caterers,
- Managed the Facebook live broadcast with NITV with a tight turnaround, including technical, practical and legal requirements
- Managed the budget, sub-contractors, talent negotiations and all payments
- Conceptualising and producing a number of on-site activations to encourage engagement.
- Delivered a successful event in terms of attendance and engagement
- Produced all creative elements, including the line-up, talent management, design and execution of the set, audio visual elements to support the concerts
- Marketing of the events, to ensure maximum attendance and real engagement
- Negotiating live broadcast with NITV
- Managed all media and PR associated with the event