33 Creative were engaged by the Department of Social Services to produce the annual National Disability Awards 2017. The Awards recognise outstanding achievements and highlight best practice in increasing participation of people with disability, particularly practices that could be replicated nationally.
The Awards were attended by dignitaries from the Australian Government and key representatives from disability and carer organisations. The event was staged at the National Museum of Australia in Canberra and was hosted by Dr Jonathan Welch AM. A Welcome to Country was performed by Paul House, and there was a live music performance from Rachel Leahcar and Ruckus.
The event was a great success, running on time and on budget. The event had complex delivery requirements, all of which were met.
33 Creative performed the following tasks:
- developed a detailed and costed timeline with critical dates for the delivery of contact
- maintained and managed a detailed budget for the event, including a contingency amount, in line with the project deliverables
- developed the event run order, technical rehearsal and sound check schedule
- sourced and managed all subcontracts related to the event
- prepared a script in consultation with the MC and booked Elder for Welcome to Country as well as entertainers
- produced awards invitation, menu, place cards and finalist certificates
- developed and produced AV components of Awards ceremony
- arranged and managed photography and film packages
- developed a bump in/bump out schedule
- managed event logistics and event registration
- managed all aspects of lighting and sound production for ceremony
- managed catering, including complex providing all accessibility requirements
- provided options for table decorations and designs (theme lighting, flowers and stage design)
- managed production of winning trophies, place cards and invitations
- managed printing and framing of finals and winners certificates
- provided suggestions on entertainment
- contracted and managed three Auslan interpreters, including liaison for travel and accommodation