Join our team
First Nations Communications Strategist/Account Manager
We are seeking a First Nations Communications Strategist/ Account Manager to join our team.
33 Creative is a proudly Aboriginal owned media, communications and events agency that works to change hearts and minds, and empower communities, through storytelling and effective communications.
We are values driven. Our 33 values are Empathy, Collaboration, Integrity, Balance and Positivity and guide all that we do.
We are a national, full services digital creative agency that supports our clients from strategy, content development including videography and photography, graphic design, animation, illustrations, community engagement and events.
Our head office is based on Gadigal Country in Sydney, with team members also working from Canberra, Brisbane, Cowra and the Central Coast. We work with a range of clients that share our values across government, non-government, non-profit and private/philanthropic industries.
About the role
Partnering across the agency, you will work on a number of projects and campaigns, including but not limited to national campaigns for government and non-government clients and local community led communications projects.
We are looking for a highly motivated communications professional that likes to be busy and work independently as part of a small but agile fast paced creative team. The role is diverse in its nature, with no one day expected to be the same. We strive to go above and beyond to meet our client’s needs, and importantly, make a measurable difference through effective and engaging communications activities.
Some of the things you will be doing in this role include:
- Developing integrated communications strategies for our clients, including digital and social media strategy, focused on supporting First Nations communities. We are looking for new and innovative ways to solve complex communications challenges in consultation with the broader team.
- Project management of campaigns including, development and implementation of advertising and public relations campaigns including copywriting of materials, input into creative executions, facilitation with the creative team to develop resources that fit the campaign objectives and dispatch and implementation of materials.
- Build strong relationships – both internally with our team, as well as externally with our clients and broader First Nations and media sectors – collaborating and supporting each other in order to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Content development: Developing engaging and informed content across projects and for platforms including but not limited to content printed materials (posters, flyers, brochures), website and social media content, eNewsletters and editorial articles, media releases and radio, animation or video scripts.
- Public relations: support development and execution of public relations activities that support community and sector needs.
- Participate in the research, writing and delivery of new business pitches and proposals.
- Facilitate workshops and conduct stakeholder interviews.
- Creative projects: participating in and supporting 33 Creative projects such as The Real podcasts and vodcasts and new projects.
- This is a First Nations identified position
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a strategic communications role
- A tertiary qualification in communications, public relations or related field desirable
- Government experience desirable
- Ability to conduct qualitative research and stakeholder engagement processes
- Ability to develop and moderate client and agency workshops
- Project and client management skills
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- Strong verbal, written and visual communication skills
- Strong presentation deck development skills
- Personal interest First Nations affairs
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every requirement on this list – we would still like to hear from you. We are a supportive work environment and are willing to grow with a talented and motivated individual who wants to learn and has a ‘can do’ attitude. We’re looking for someone who shares our 33 values and will fit with our wonderful 33 family.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, your resume and portfolio, including links to work you have produced via email to firstname.lastname@example.org